Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Little bits of Love











   Next week on the calendar there is the number 14 and we celebrate a day of love.  I will not even attempt to write about love.  If you’d like to read some good stuff on love, go to Ann Voscamp's journal:  http://www.aholyexperience.com/.  Love seems to be a theme with her lately.


   Last year my sweetheart gave me an orchid at Valentine’s Day – pure white with yellow at the centers. It was blooming beautifully. I enjoyed it for months. After all the blooms had dropped off I trimmed the stalks and kept watering like I had before. A few months later I noticed a small shoot growing from the base of the leaves. After a while another shoot grew and now, almost a year later, in the middle of winter, there are two stems absolutely loaded with blossoms, even more than last year. I feel like I’ve witnessed a miracle! 



                                 There is something amazing about such perfect pure flowers just dangling from stems growing out of mulch - no soil and not much water. Somehow this miracle seems to speak of God, the One Who can turn ashes into beauty and mourning into joy.
 


I've also been digging in a little carved box full of notes from the past.  Enjoy today, but don't forget the things that have brought you here!


How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!  1 John 3:1
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...