Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hope



For me, there are few things more full of Hope than springtime!  This is not a Fool’s Hope I’m talking about.  It’s not even a Hopeful Hope.  It’s a Knowing Hope.  It is not in my control, but it will happen.  The dead of winter will not be forever.  It is an unwavering fact.  It is truth.  A Hope that does not disappoint.

The brittle leaves of last year's oregano.
When I looked more closely I saw new leaves down close against the soil.







Honeysuckle blooming in a protected spot by the house.

One of my very favorite early spring flowers... Flowering Quince.





When I see the little shoots pushing up through the dead ground, buds coming out of bare sticks of branches, and even flowers braving the hard cold, it reminds me of this Knowing Hope.

 
The braver of winter, Hellebore.







 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. II Cor. 5:17









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...