Friday, May 13, 2016

Drips, Drizzles, and Downpours



When I look out the windows I see dripping drops.

When I listen to the noises at night I hear
"Plink Plink"
on the panes.





Arnold Lobel says it well…

“It rains and it pours.
I’ve got too many chores,
There’s the cooking and cleaning to do.
I’d rather be out on a wet, green hill,
Laughing and dancing with you.”
-- by Arnold Lobel


We’ve had measurable rain for eighteen days straight!!!
But my father-in-law reminded me that it would have to rain
for forty days to actually break the record. J

 After a while you go crazy inside 
and just go out play in the rain.


  
How ironic that we finished school over two weeks ago
(definitely a record year for us!)
 and it’s rained every day since!
But I’m not complaining – April was so dry that the pastures
had pretty much stopped growing and Nathan was feeding hay to the cattle.
Now things are lush and green.
I quickly forget all those getting desperate prayers
 for rain only a few weeks ago.

Rain is a gift!






“Now this is eternal life: 
that they know you, the only true God, 
and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.”

John 17:3





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...