Tuesday, December 3, 2013

He Leads

 I read in the book of First John and he writes,
“anyone who says he abides in Him [Jesus] ought to walk
in the same way in which he [Jesus] walked..” (chapter 2, verse 6)


So I pray, simply,
God, help me to walk like Jesus.”
I think of Jesus.
Of His perfect love for all people.
Of His complete selflessness.
Of Him knowing His Father’s will every moment.
Of His perfect relationship with His Father so that He is able to know that will.
And I feel overwhelmed. How?  How?!
How can I, little human me, attempt to walk as Jesus walked?
How can I even think of making such a thing happen?
I see the word abide.  I pray with surrender.
If YOU lead me I will take the steps.”
Peace comes.



“He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
O words with heavenly comfort fraught!
What e'er I do, where e'er I be,
Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.

Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom,
By waters still, o'er troubled sea,
Still 'tis His hand that leadeth me.

Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since 'tis my God that leadeth me.

He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...