Saturday, July 9, 2016

Think About Such Things



 “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, 
whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
 whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--
think about such things.”  
Philippians 4:8


At the end of a week that’s been full of troubling news, 
how do we respond? 
Ultimately we decide what we will dwell on,
 how our minds will be affected by what goes on around us. 

I’m not promoting sticking ones head into a happy little sand hole, 
but choosing to truly see reality and the whole picture is very important.

If I know God, I will know His Peace. 
If I know God I will know His Power. 
If I know God I will trust His unfailing Love and Faithfulness.

But I will not hoard these things in my own heart.
I will first overflow them to the family around me.
Then they will overflow to my friends and anyone I interact with.

If you know Jesus, choose to believe that 
“the waves and wind still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.”

Choose to think on the Right, the True, and the Noble.


 Here is a little bit of our afternoon yesterday.  
The littlest girl cousin, 
the one with the halo of blond wisps, 
was at our house.  
It was hot, in the nineties, with plenty of humidity to accompany it. 
We headed to the little creek down in the woods.

Along the way, there were flowers to smell.  
These are blackberry lilies.

 The woods seemed dark as we left the heat 
of the fields and open areas on the hilltop, 
and the air cooled as we neared 
the lowest point where the creek runs. 


Along the way were ferns and moss, so soft to touch. 


A half grown granddaddy longlegs sat in the path 
on a toadstool shaped plant.  
I took his picture and left. 
 He never stirred from his plant throne.

There are some things one should never forget 
when heading to a creek,
 a bucket being the most important.


This crawdad was a good size. 
It was a crawmamma I guess, actually.  
She had little bitty babies clinging
 to the underside of her tail.









“And God said, ‘Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures,
and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.’
 So God created the great sea creatures
 and every living creature that moves,
with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds,
 and every winged bird according to its kind.
 And God saw that it was good.”

 Genesis 1:20, 21





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...