Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February Winds


On a beautiful gusty day in February…

 When you don’t have a kite…
 but you do have a jump rope,
missing handles,
from the bottom of the toy box…
 and you have a plastic bag…
you go outside play with the wind.  



The Wind
by Robert Louis Stevenson

I saw you toss the kites on high
And blow the birds about the sky;
And all around I heard you pass,
Like ladies' skirts across the grass--
                  O wind, a-blowing all day long,
                  O wind, that sings so loud a song!

I saw the different things you did,
But always you yourself you hid.
I felt you push, I heard you call,
I could not see yourself at all--
                 O wind, a-blowing all day long,
                 O wind, that sings so loud a song!

O you that are so strong and cold,
O blower, are you young or old?
Are you a beast of field and tree,
Or just a stronger child than me?
                O wind, a-blowing all day long,
                O wind, that sings so loud a song!



"He who forms the mountains, who creates the wind,
 and who reveals his thoughts to mankind, who turns dawn to darkness,
and treads on the heights of the earth --
the LORD God Almighty is his name."
Amos 4:13





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...