Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Card Project

 
 
 I’ve been eyeing the silvery Money Plant seed pods
dangling outside on the dead plant stalks and thinking
that they really should be used for something. 
The Money Plant itself is pretty neat and very easy to grow. 
Find a friend who has one and ask for a few seeds. :)
 

These thin seed cases are really amazing, so translucent and shimmery;
fragile like fairy wings.




   So my girls and I went out and picked some and tried out some ideas. My butterfly card idea didn’t work so well, but the flower cards turned out to be quite pretty! The seed wrappers are almost weightless. When I was showing the girls how we could arrange them into a flower, their slight puffs of breath sailed the iridescent discs right off the paper.



 
Almost finished… just waiting for a
center from Kadence’s treasure box!



  This one reminds me of the ocean
and those iridescent shells we find there. 
 
  Kadi’s finished project after I sponge
painted around the edges for her.
 

 Cassia chose a simple little
pebble for her center. 
 I like it.
 
 
 
 

Bless the LORD, O my soul:
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name.
Psalm 103:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...