Friday, July 5, 2019

Jodi and Derek -- Wedding Photography



Derek and Jodi’s wedding was on the very first day of June.
  The perfect day for a wedding. 
And it was lovely.



Most often I know or at least am acquainted with
the couple who I’m taking photos for.
 I’m a word of mouth photographer
who’s not looking to be big time. 
But I didn’t know Jodi and Derek. 
Not a bit. 
After our first meeting
 I really felt like we were friends. 
That’s just the kind of people they are.
 
And I just loved sharing their day
and trying to capture what made it special. 
How do you capture connection, sincerity,
family, love for others, and genuine happiness? 
I could feel these things, and the next morning
when I was sitting in my own church,
I was still brimming from their wedding.

 I know God is at work in bringing them together,
 and He will do good things through them.
 And that really makes me excited.


We took photos in a very natural setting
along the Staunton River.
 It was just beautiful, and a thunderstorm
from the night before
 had washed everything into cool clean freshness.



















 I love a good black and white photo.
 I’ve posted the ceremony in black and white
because the beautiful side lighting
from all the windows in this church
just really begs for it. 
And I couldn’t resist.

The minister who performed the ceremony
was Derek’s grandpa. 
I love that.


photo credit: Regina Shank








  
I can’t help but take pictures of the kids at a reception. 
Who can resist the ones
delighting in their beautiful sweets?!







Derek and Jodi,
 I wish you the very best
 as you go through this life together!

“…if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.” 

Proverbs 2:1-6



1 comment:

  1. We are proud to be a local wedding photography studio serving the Ottawa / Gatineau region. Our goal is simple: to provide a powerfully authentic, and breathtakingly beautiful, photographic record of your wedding day. link

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...